Monday, March 26, 2012

Review: Dead Sky Morning (Experiment in Terror #3) by Karina Halle

(Click image for goodreads page)
Title: Dead Sky Morning (The Experiment in Terror #3)
Author: Karina Halle
Started: 25/3/12
Finished: 26/3/12
Medium: Paperback
Genre: Young Adult: Horror, Young Adult: Paranormal
Buy: Amazon / The Book Depository / Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

With the Experiment in Terror show finding some success, amateur ghost hunters Perry Palomino and Dex Foray embark on their most terrifying investigation yet. A tiny, fog-shrouded island in the rough strait between British Columbia and Washington State has held a dark secret for decades: It was a former leper colony where over forty souls were left to rot, die and bury each other. Now a functioning campground, Perry and Dex spend an isolated weekend there to investigate potential hauntings but as the duo quickly find out, there is more to fear on D’Arcy Island than just ghosts. The island quickly pits partner against partner, spiraling the pair into madness that serves to destroy their sanity, their relationship and their very lives.


This is by far the scariest installment of the Experiment in Terror. I don't know what scared me the most, being on an isolated island filled with killer chinese leper ghosts, or the story behind it all. It terrifies me to no ends. The book kept me on my toes, and sent chills all over. I might be a little bit more easily to scare but it still almost kept me up at night. 

Everything expected and unexpected from the series were present. You've got the drama, the chilling frights and even some "loveee". I can't get over how addicting this series is. I just finished book two yesterday only to finish the third one not even a day later. I can't go any further cause I still have to get book four. :( 

Dead Sky Morning is an amazing installment to the series. Karina manages to write a better book each time. I can't wait to get my hands on the rest of the series and I'm hoping they'll be as addictive as the last three. A guaranteed unputdownable book from Karina Halle.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have been so tempted to start this series, but I am so scared.lol. I do not handle being scared well. Maybe one day I will. Great Review. Its very tempting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.