Saturday, March 22, 2014

Review: Rekindled Moments (Moments in Time #2) by Dori Lavelle

18802467.jpg

Rekindled Moments (Moments in Time #2) by Dori Lavelle
Genre: Women’s Fiction


Synopsis:

The truth will always find a way out.

Carlene Adams' new life has been an illusion, her newfound joy just for rent. The life she craves can't really belong to a girl who is responsible for someone's death.

Her greatest fear has been realized. Nick Johnson, her second chance at love, has discovered her true identity and disappeared from her life.
She will need to find a way to move on without Nick. But the memories of their time together haunt her relentlessly. As Serendipity's Businessman of the Year, his face is everywhere—in magazines, on the television screen, and behind her eyelids. Soon, rumors about her past cause her life to spin out of control, and she finds herself even further from her dreams.

But Carlene is good at hiding from the past. She's done it once before. She can do it again. She can leave her hometown and begin again somewhere new. But she can't move on without telling Nick the truth about the life he thinks she took, and everything that came before.

Review:

I was reluctant to read Entangled Moments (the first book) because was it a little bit out of my usual genres. But when I did, I enjoyed it a lot and then I read Rekindled Moments and the author simply blew me away.

This second installment had been written so beautifully and sometimes poetically. I could feel the heartbreak and emotion of the characters with each word and sentence. I could feel how painful life was for them and how much strength they had to pick themselves up after going through so much loss, and torment. The storyline was unique and held so much depth, that I couldn't put the novella down.

I'm terribly surprised with myself. I never thought I would enjoy the genre, but Dori Lavelle has gotten me hooked. Hats off to her and her wonderful writing style and for being the first author to write something in a genre I'm starting to love more and more with each read. I can't wait to read more from her.


5 out 5 date trees

 photo Signature_zpse00db79a.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.