Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bout of Books 6.0 Update (Tues - Friday)


Bout of Books Read-a-Thon


Bout of Books Blurb:

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, January 7th and runs through Sunday, January 13th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 6.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. -From the Bout of Books 6.0 team
 Anyways, before the read-a-thon begins we need to set a few goals for our selves. My goals are as follows: 

THE GOALS

 
  1. To read all of the books above
  2. To make new friends
  3. To catch the TweetChat
  4. To comment on at least 2 blogs a day

THE UPDATES



Tuesday

Number of pages I've read: 143
Number of books I've read: 1
Total number of books I've read: 1
Blogs I commented on: 0 :(
Challenges completed: Not Sure
Joined the Tweetchat: Nope

The first day of Bout of Books for me started so well! But then, work got in the way and my reading started to lessen (in the day time). I only had the time to read and not actually post, comment, join anything else. I was so tired I didn't even bother. =.= On the brightside, I finished my first book of the read-a-thon though, I couldn't write the review until Friday. It might be me being lazy or just tired. Whichever comes first. :))

 Wednesday 

Number of pages I've read: 18
Number of books I've read: 0
Total number of books I've read: 1
Blogs I commented on: 0
Challenges completed: 0
Joined the Tweetchat: 0


On Wednesday, I actually started up a new book that I got for review awhile back. Oh boy, am I loving it. I only read 18 pages on this day mainly because of work and I had to go out to dinner with Uni friends. We were celebrating our graduation early. :)) Sadly, because of timezones I couldn't join the tweetchat AGAIN. I couldn't comment or do any challenges. Man, I feel like a bad Bout of Book-er!


Thursday

Number of pages I've read: 69
Number of books I've read: 0
Total number of books I've read:1
Blogs I commented on: 0
Challenges completed: 0
Joined the Tweetchat: 0

On Thursday, I've read 69 books, while I maintained the one book read the entire 3 days since I finished it. I haven't joined or commented on any blogs, challenges or tweet chat. I really feel bad for missing out. But hey! When you've got to work, you've got to work. I actually fell asleep in the middle of this book. Haha.

Friday
Number of pages I've read: 308
Number of books I've read: 1
Total number of books I've read: 2
Blogs I commented on: 0
Challenges completed: 0
Joined the Tweetchat: 0

I might as well do Friday as an update on this post. It's already Saturday where I'm from. Oh man, I am so sleepy! Anyways, Friday is a weekend in Bahrain so I thought I would be able to finish this book a little bit faster and get a lot of blogging done. But sadly enough, work got in the way again. I had urgent matters to attend to and the result of that was me not joining the challenges and commenting on any other blogs. On the brightside, I managed to write reviews and finish another book and even wrote up this post! Phew. I'm going to bed! Oh man! Just two more days till the read-a-thon is done. Time really does go fast!


Saturday
Number of pages I've read: 
Number of books I've read:
Total number of books I've read: 
Reviews: 
Blogs I commented on: 
Challenges completed:
Joined the Tweetchat:

Sunday
Number of pages I've read: 
Number of books I've read:
Total number of books I've read: 
Reviews: 
Blogs I commented on: 
Challenges completed:
Joined the Tweetchat:


3 comments:

  1. Is it just me or is that guy on the Elkeles books the same one who models for the Lux series covers?

    Good luck for the rest of the week - I'm creeping very slowly through my book, but I'm enjoying every moment which is what matters! :)
    Ellie @ Musings of a Bookshop Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're actually the same photos used for the Lux and this series. Hahaha :)) This is what happens when stock images are reused 100 times over by different books. :))

      Thanks for the comment and happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I love your goal to chat and meet more people! That wasn't really one of mine, but I accomplished it anyway!! Good Luck!!

    Danielle @ Consuming Worlds

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.