Saturday, January 25, 2014

Review: Agent I1: Tristan (The D.I.R.E Agency #1) by Joni Hahn


Agent I1: Tristan (The D.I.R.E. Agency #1) by Joni Hahn
Genre: Military, Romance, Science Fiction
Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Synopsis:

Credentials:
• Second generation Former Navy SEAL
• DIRE’s top agent
Enhancements:
• Teleportation
• Invisibility

Raised in the art of warfare, Former Navy SEAL, Tristan Jacobs, has always been a force to reckon with. Now that D.I.R.E. has successfully implemented his scientific enhancements, he’s a walking weapon. Unstoppable, as long as he stays focused. No relationships.

When ex-BUD/S teammate, Aidan Monroe, interrupts his long-awaited sabbatical to call in a favor, Tristan reluctantly fills the simple request: take out his sister’s fiancĂ©.

One problem: Rachel Monroe - smokin’ hot, kind-hearted, and in desperate need of a protector. After the best sex of his life, Tristan’s afraid unstoppable is just a memory. Knowing Aidan’s temper, Tristan could be, too.

Rachel Monroe had a plan to help her mother. Her brother ruined everything when his gorgeous, super-agent friend teleported her to some forsaken island - and his bed. She’s drawn to him despite the fact he’s a professional agent, much like the people suspected of killing her father.

Now, his enemies have come to her small town, looking for vengeance.

Have they found more than they bargained for? Or, does the past have its own retribution in mind?

Review:

I’ve worked on the book covers of the D.I.R.E trilogy for a good month and I had all kinds of images in my head about the books. First, I thought of it as pure romance, then I thought of it with tons of secret agents, and missions and flat out action. Then there were other instances where I thought the characters of the books could fly like superman, when I know 100% none of the three Main Characters have that ability. So, basically, I read the first book of the trilogy somewhat blind not knowing what to expect.

The way the book started out, not only got me into finishing 5 more chapters, but it immediately made me love the characters. Tristan is considered a super soldier/superhero who can turn invisible and teleport, all thanks to the technology provided by the D.I.R.E agency.  While Rachel is the sister of Tristan best friend, Aidan, who served with him in the Navy.

One day, Aidan (Tristans best friend) asked Tristan to babysit his sister, Rachel when she left a man at the altar. One thing led to another, the loner Tristan fell in love, and Rachel realized that she didn’t have any feelings for her fiance. Pretty obvious stuff. Then came the criminals who wanted to take Tristan down, and then Rachel gets caught in the crossfire. The plot is simple and realistic and I’m so glad it’s not another one of those paranormal books.

Overall, I loved the story, the characters, the sweet romance but I felt that the story needed more.There were these blanks in between that needed to be filled with more action! Other than that, the story was a real page-turner and I absolutely loved the writing style. I’m looking forward to reading part two in the D.I.R.E Trilogy by Joni Hahn.


4 out of 5 date trees

 photo Signature_zpse00db79a.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.