Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quick Review: Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World #2) by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Eternal Kiss of Darkness (Night Huntress World #2)
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Started: 13/10/2011
Finished:
15/10/2011
Goodreads | Review List

Goodreads Synopsis:

An immortal war has been brewing in the darkness . . . And now one woman has stumbled into the shadows.

Chicago private investigator Kira Graceling should have just kept on walking. But her sense of duty refused to let her ignore the moans of pain coming from inside a warehouse just before dawn. Suddenly she finds herself in a world she's only imagined in her worst nightmares.

At the center is Mencheres, a breathtaking Master vampire who thought he'd seen it all. Then Kira appears, this fearless, beautiful . . . humanwho braved death to rescue him. Though he burns for her, keeping Kira in his world means risking her life. Yet sending her away is unthinkable.

But with danger closing in, Mencheres must choose either the woman he craves, or embracing the darkest magic to defeat an enemy bent on his eternal destruction.

Quick Review:


Mencheres' story wasn't what I expected. It was great but not that great. I felt like his love for Kira was rushed just like how the story was. But either way, this book posed as great entertainment despite the fact that it took me longer to read this compared to the first book. Though I did enjoy how the events rolled in with just as much humor as action. I always loved the humor in Frost's book.

This book caused my curiosity about Vlad and Ian's story to escalate. I'm hoping Frost will be writing about those two soon! If I was to describe this book in just words it would be: Unputdownable, sweet, corny and steamy.

Sorry for the excessively short review. :(



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Vlad's book comes out March 2012, hun! I liked Menchere's book way more than Spades though. I mean I don't think the NHW books compare to the NH books b/c seriously who came beat Cat and Bones and in the Night HUntress world no doubt. Hahaha! But I did enjoy Kira and Mencheres more than Spade and Denise for sure. =DDDDD

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.