Saturday, January 28, 2012

Quick Review: Rock 'N' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason #1) by Rose Pressey

(Click image for goodreads page)
Title: Rock 'N' Roll is Undead (Veronica Mason #1)
Author: Rose Pressey
Started: 24/1/12
Finished: 28/1/12
Medium: eBook for Review from Author
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy

Goodreads Synopsis:

Veronica Mason, lead singer of the rockabilly band The Voodoo Zombies, discovers her vampire bass player staked through the heart. A vision of the murder flashes in Veronica's mind and she wonders if she's going bonkers. Up until now her supernatural skills consisted of a few botched love spells.
Using her sexy voice and pin-up style has paid off, she's about to land a record deal. But suspicion soon turns to her when another vampire turns up as nothing more than a pile of ashes a vacuum would have a hard time sucking up. Veronica has to hone her paranormal powers or lose her dealand possibly her life.

When an utterly delicious mystery man steps in as the new bass player, Veronica can't figure out if he's there to help or cause more problems. What she does know is she can't resist his good looks and sex appeal. She wonders if they'd make rockin' music together. But helping the undead could stop her from finding out and leave Veronica dead permanently.



Rose Pressey vividly drew the rockabilly scene into these virtual pages so brilliantly. Her writing style was unique so was the story itself. New characters, unique scenarios, hot men, vampires, witches and the whole Paranormal lot. As much as I'd like to say, I haven't heard something like this before, I can't. I can't really blame Pressey for this. Its really hard to write something new now-a-days. 

On the upside, I really liked Veronica, she isn't annoying, overwhelming, weak or the strong witted heroines that I find overrated. I connected with her in my own way and I totally loved the same guy she does. Buzz is hawt and all too irresistible. I loved the intensely new scene into this eBook. Its a different. 

If you're the type, who loves your everyday fun, quirky, easy paranormal fix. This is a book for you. Not as unputdownable as I would like it to be. But it was a fix! xD



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.