Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Quick Review: Bloodfever (Fever #2) by Karen Marie Moning

Title: Bloodfever (Fever #2) 
Author: Karen Marie Moning
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Format: Paperback
Buy: Amazon / Barnes & Noble 



I used to be your average, everyday girl but all that changed one night in Dublin when I saw my first Fae, and got dragged into a world of deadly immortals and ancient secrets. . . .

In her fight to stay alive, MacKayla must find the Sinsar Dubh—a million-year-old book of the blackest magic imaginable, which holds the key to power over the worlds of both the Fae and Man. Pursued by assassins, surrounded by mysterious figures she knows she can’t trust, Mac finds herself torn between two deadly and powerful men: V’lane, the immortal Fae Prince, and Jericho Barrons, a man as irresistible as he is dangerous.

For centuries the shadowy realm of the Fae has coexisted with that of humans. Now the walls between the two are coming down, and Mac is the only thing that stands between them.


I was so excited to pick up the second installment of the Fever Series because I simply adored the first one. 

Then when I finished the second one, I felt thrown aback. Why? It's simple. It was not as good as the first book. I was a little disappointed that the book was dragging and really tough to go through. Sure, this one had a lot more action and a lot more events rolling in. But seriously, it just felt like random occurrences that are thrown in for the sake of finishing the book. It was really hard for me to connect with MacKayla again. She started to really annoy me with her stupid impulsive actions. To be honest, it was really hard for me to get into the book in general. What happened?! I don't understand what changed. 

Anyways, I'm really hoping that the next following books will get better and impress me with their awesomeness. Okay, maybe I shouldn't expect a lot.



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I didn't get into this series until the ending of book 3. I think that because so many people loved it I was expecting too much and book 1 and 2 just did not do much for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the 3rd one is good. :( But I think I shouldn't expect it.

      Delete
  2. I hate it when that happens! There's been more than once that I've picked up book 2 wickedly excited to read it and had to put it down halfway through because it just didn't live up to my expectations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.