Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Review: Shimmer (Riley Bloom #2) by Alyson Noel


Title: Shimmer (Riley Bloom #2)
Author: Alyson Noel
Started: 9/8/2011
Finished: 10/8/2011
Goodreads | Review List
Review:

Descriptive, creative and poetic. 3 words I can use to describe how Shimmer is. Some say Alyson Noel's Immortal series was clique and well nothing new. But with her spin-off of The Immortal series, she has grown as a writer even when the book is barely 200 pages long. I found her recent writing inspiring and simply great.

Riley Bloom continues her afterlife with a vacation from her "work". But this vacation turns into just the opposite from what it really is as she discovers a grounded soul filled with anger and rage from its past life and being her usual self Riley has to stick her nose where she isn't supposed to and in the process gets her friends in a little notch.

As things escalate, I found myself learning about forgiveness and friendship which I did not expect. The plot thickens and the climax was as good as any book and with that it was unputdownable. And simply a perfect read for summer time! (even though its about to end)


Has anyone read this? What do you think of it?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.