Todays Interview is with one of my current favoriate authors who debuted with such an amazing dystopian series and now, she is embarking in a vampire/dystopian story which I can't wait for! Woohoo! I'd like to present Megan Duncan author of Released!
"I am a lover of all things paranormal, fantasy, sci-fi and anything just out of the ordinary. I am continually fighting my addiction to chocolate and living in my overactive imagination." - Megan Duncan
1. What inspired you to write something like the Agent's of Evil series?
I really love “end of the world” type books and movies, so it felt like a good fit for me to write my first official novel in that genre.
2. Have you ever had writers block while writing the first book of Agents of Evil series or the Warm Delicacy series? If so how'd you get over it?
I have definitely had writers block. Sometimes it helps a lot for me to just step away from whatever I am working on at the moment or to just focus on something else, whether it be another book or even just relaxing and watching a movie.
3. How long did it take you to write the first books of either one of the series mentioned above?
It took me 2 1/2 months to write Released and I am almost done with the first book in the Warm Delicacy Series, but I would guess that it’ll take me a total of 3 months. ( Naj's Note: Woah, you're faster than most authors and you write some awesome stuff!)
4. You run into a bookstore, where do you go first?
If it has a coffee joint in it, I definitely go there first and then I will head to the YA section or the section with graphic novels. (Naj's Note: None of the bookstores in Bahrain have a coffee joint. T-T )
5. Paperback or Hardback? Why?
If you mean which format I would rather read, I would say paperback. Silly reason really, but they are just lighter and reading a hardback book makes my hand tired. :o) (Naj's Note: Me too. But Hardbacks look prettier on the shelves)
6. In all the books you've read. Who is your most favorite character and why?
Of all the books I have read my favorite character is Richard in the Sword of Truth series, because I think he is the most ultimate warrior/wizard/lord rahl/woods guide ever. If you’ve read the book you’ll know what I mean.
7. What is your weakness? Books, Food, etc.
I think my weakness is a great movie and a bowl of popcorn in my most favorite spot on the couch.
8. State 5 random facts about yourself.
Hmm… I love sushi, I’m terrified of heights, I never saw the ocean until last year, I have a cat named Jack that acts like a dog and I wish I had a super power.
9. What are you currently reading?
Right now I am reading The City of Towers. I found it in a tiny bookstore while I was on vacation.
10. While writing how many times do you go back and rewrite a plot?
I actually very rarely do that. Once I start writing I have a fairly strong base to build from, but I will say that I rewrote the beginning of Released about three times.
11. Your favorite Genre?
I think my favorite genre is fantasy.
12. How many books in a month do you tend to read?
Since focusing on my writing I have been reading much less, but I use to read one to two books a month.
13. Heres your chance to market your book. Describe the Agent's of Evil Series and why readers should pick it up?
I like to say that the Agents of Evil series is definitely a unique choice compared to other dystopians on the market. Where many authors have chosen to go the zombie route I, in my usual “color outside of the lines fashion”, chose to switch it up by making my dystopian series about a demon apocalypse. I want to give readers not only an exciting and fantastical read, but I also want to give them something fresh and I really hope I did that with Released and continue to do so with all my future novels.
Stalk the Author:
Watch out for the Savor Blog Tour this October on my blog and many others! (new date has been placed)
Thanks Megan for answering the interview so quickly! I hope to have you again on my blog soon! *hugs*