Friday, May 27, 2011

Re-Cover Me Friday #4

Re-Cover Me Friday, is a new feature only featured on my blog. It is a feature where I basically take a book cover and redesign it completely in my own way. This is something I can do that incorporates both my hobby and my job (I'm a designer :D if you don't know already). I'm very excited about this! I hope everyone will find this enjoyable.

As I promised! I present to you Prismatica! :D



Click the image to view it in full.

While I was reading Prismatica every story seemed to somehow connect to this scene on the cover and because of that I came up with the one on the right. It actually took me awhile to make it because I kept on changing it completely. But the third times the charm! :D I really liked Prismatica. If you guys haven't read it yet. Please do! :D A little note as well. o.o It looks like I forgot to crop the image to the actual book size. Haha.

Stock used:
mzacha - foreground
night-fate - sky
lillyfly06-stock - tree
kasko, sabercat, mattox - kids
Thanks to all the stock providers! :D

For more info on the books:

L. David Hesler's Blog
Prismatica on Goodreads
Photobucket

Disclaimer: I mean no disrespect to the actual designers of the books that are mentioned. I also do not own any of the images that are used on the re-covered designs unless otherwise stated.

4 comments:

  1. Looks great :)
    mean no harm on the real deal. But because of the cover I would probably not picup this book.
    But yours look good. No idea what its about but your covr did me a little bit curious. Wht kind of book is this?
    The real deal make me think old fashion sci fiction. M i on the wrong track here xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks awesome !! Your cover actually makes me want to read the book more than the original cover =) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing, Naj! Thanks so much for working on this. Your designs are so slick and magical... it really speaks to the heart of this book.

    Moonstar, no offense taken. This was my first book cover design. In a way, I'm kind of stoked about the "old scifi" feel because that is a big influence. But this book is more dark fantasy with some suspense elements. Naj nailed it with her design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another awesome cover makeover. I have never read the book but you did an awesome job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.