Saturday, January 8, 2011

On my wishlist #4


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click HERE.
Goodreads Synopsis: And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting

On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;

And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming,

And the lamp-light o'er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;

And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted - nevermore!


from "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe

Cheerleader Isobel Lanley is horrified when she is paired with Varen Nethers for an English project, which is due—so unfair—on the day of the rival game. Cold and aloof, sardonic and sharp-tongued, Varen makes it clear he’d rather not have anything to do with her either. But when Isobel discovers strange writing in his journal, she can’t help but give this enigmatic boy with the piercing eyes another look. Soon, Isobel finds herself making excuses to be with Varen. Steadily pulled away from her friends and her possessive boyfriend, Isobel ventures deeper and deeper into the dream world Varen has created through the pages of his notebook, a realm where the terrifying stories of Edgar Allan Poe come to life.
As her world begins to unravel around her, Isobel discovers that dreams, like words, hold more power than she ever imagined, and that the most frightening realities are those of the mind. Now she must find a way to reach Varen before he is consumed by the shadows of his own nightmares.
His life depends on it.

Comments: I've been literally dieing to read this but never got the chance to actually buy it. The synopsis made me want to read it so bad. Sadly, they don't sell this here and I haven't gotten around to actually buying this on BD since I'm too caught up with VA (Last Sacrifice!). :D

Goodreads Synopsis: Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge.

Comments:  I just got the first book and I can not wait to start reading it. But before I do I want to make sure I have this and Mockingjay. I don't want to be left with a cliffhanger. I've been reading the first book of like 3 other series so far without actually having the second book and its driving me nuts and instead of buying the sequel I end up buying the first book of a whole new series. I know. I'm useless. haha. 

Whats on your wishlist this week? Let me know below!

Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Great choices! I have Nevermore in my TBR Mountain somewhere and The Hunger Games series is AWESOME! I don't know of anyone who really hasn't liked Katniss and crew!

    Here's the link to my wishlist:

    http://storytimewithjamie.blogspot.com/2011/01/on-my-wishlist-1.html

    P.S. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about Nevermore !! I'll wait to read your review !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naj. Nevermore sounds intriguing. I hope you can get it soon. I read The Hunger Games and it manage to get 3 stars rating from me. Well, hope to hear what you think about it. =)

    My Wishlist: http://coffeecrackers.blogspot.com/2011/01/on-my-wishlist-jan-8-2011.html
    Follow you.
    CJ @ Coffee N Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Hunger Games books seems to be another series I've missed out on - perhaps I should look at that as well?! Good choice Naj! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard such great things about Nevermore. It's on my wishlist too. I haven't read the Hunger Games trilogy yet either but they're on my shelf waiting for me :) Hope you get to read these soon!

    Here's what I've got on my wishlist this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower! I have Nevermore in my to-be-read pile! It's a big pile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice...I just got the first book in the Hunger Games series as a gift, so I'm way behind everyone else on this one...Happy reading!

    ~Book Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nevermore sounds very nice indeed, I have it on my to-read list. And I'm currently reading The Hunger Games - I needed to see what was all that fus about!:))

    I hope you get your books soon so we can talk about them.;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got Nevermore in the mail this week! I haven't had time to start it, though. :(

    The Hunger Games are really good! You have to get them!

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I believe I have both Nevermore and Hunger Games on my list too - list is so long not sure where exactly. Hope you get these soon and enjoy!


    My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't help but like your wishlist, CATCHING FIRE is on it, yay! I so liked this series and really hope you get to read it soon. I am not sure about NEVERMORE, am thinking about it for a while now...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to get nevermore I'm thinking that might be next on my list to get from amazon.

    I have catching fire I need to read, but like I said I wasn't to happy with the first book so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nevermore is on my list. I can't wait to read it also.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello im a new follower! and the hunger games are on my list to =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.