Monday, January 3, 2011

Review: Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr


Goodreads Synopsis: All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see? A debut fantasy romance for the ages; superlative summer read

Review: One word "Wow". I'll try to keep this short. :D

At the beginning, I spaced out more and more with each chapter then I slowly got drawn in and bam! I couldn't put the book down. It was great. 

The characters were edgy and different, not your usual preppy protagonists but tattooed and edgy! I loved it. Though the pet Boa was a little too much. (I hate snakes) So our heroine wasn't too whiny or too needy. But headstrong and sensitive. Just the way I like it. I loved how she tried to stand her ground and fight for what she wants and believes in which is staying mortal or living like a mortal.

Her love interests on the other hand are like hot and cold. I love, love! Marr's descriptions of them were elaborate and I must say. They're both hotties! I don't know which of them I loved the most.

Aside from Aislinn (the heroine), there's Donia who plays a big part in the plot. She was annoying at first then again she was doing particular things because she was vowed to. I grew a fondness towards her quickly. Shes my fav now. 

The Winter Queen is like every other winter queen. Cruel like a tyrant that she is. She reminded me a lot of the Ice Queen in The Chronicles of Narnia. They both were cynical, sarcastic and EVIL! But she was a good antagonist even though her part at the end happened too easily. 

The ending was well written and it was just amazing and very exciting. :D This ending did not make me feel sad or anything like that instead it made me happy. So now, the ending itself deserves its star of its own.

Overall, Melissa Marr's writing was good, though I wasn't a big fan of her dialogue. I couldn't sometimes understand it which is odd for me. The book was well paced and somewhat easy to read. But the book would have been better if it weren't in 3rd person. Also, the book seemed very predictable. Every time an instance occurs. I would directly know what would happen next. Despite that fact, I still enjoyed the book. It was a great read. So 4/5 stars for this book! Pick it up, its a good read. :D I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

See more Reviews on my Review List.


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I really need to buy this series, I have the first book in French (that I read like 6 months ago) but I want to read them in English !! I love this cover !! Thanks for this great review Naj ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey El, :D You're welcome my dear. :D You should read it, its a great book. Not like VA but its still good in its own way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually really liked this one, but it I felt the second book fell flat in comparison. Great review though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa, awwh, I hope it wasn't that bad. But I'll read it either way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've only just started but I'm enjoying the characters so far, just like you described them. I really cannot wait for the ending now! Back to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aylee, Enjoy away! Read readd! :D Enjoy. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to read this series :) Love the covers :) Great review

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just read it as well and I thought it was goood. The snake really grossed me out everytime she petted it. ewww i hate snakes.

    this was my review if you want to check it out!
    http://paranormallyromanced.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-wicked-lovely-melissa-marr.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.