Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Review: The Reckoning (The Darkest Powers #3) by Kelley Armstrong

Title: The Reckoning
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Started: 27/3/11
Finished: 19/3/11
The Summoning Review | The Awakening Review | Review List | Goodreads

Review: 

Ah yes, the final book of The Darkest Powers series. This is what I've got to say about it:

Squeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
I loved the ending! I got what I wanted when I thought I wouldn't. Seriously, I thought I spoiled who ends up with who at the end but I didn't! Oh HAPPY DAY!

Ultimately, the end didn't seem like the end of the series just the end of another chapter. I feel like there's a lot more to it. That is the only let down about the series! I was like "THAT CAN'T BE THE END! ARE YOU CRAZY! THERE SHOULD BE MORE!! NOOEZ. -.-" Denial much. Totally.

The book was my favorite of the three. Every page was enjoyable and had to stop myself from reading it all on one sitting. It completely sucked me into Chloe's world. What I love more about this book is how Armstrong wrote it in a way that you can't help but develop a connection with the main character. A book with no connection with the reader is not a good book at all. Haven't encountered it yet and I hope I don't.

Throughout the entire book all the secondary characters grew on me more and more to the point where the book wouldn't be the same without them. I especially love Tori and Derek.

The Reckoning was the embodiment of awesome. Okay maybe I'm exaggerating a tiny bit. What I'm trying to say is it was straightforward, clean, easy and a fast read. It was enjoyable, exciting, swooning (In parts that involved Choloe and one of the boys), cute, awesome ad simply unputdownable. I recommened it to all!! And if you didn't like the first book don't be discouraged because it gets better with each one.

I'm looking forward to what Armstrong has in store for us in her next YA novel.


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. YAY I am glad you loved it! I thought this series was awesome. I was super sad though it was the end. I wanted more. Great REVIEW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review :) I really need to check out these books. Haven`t got to them yet.
    But they look amazing. And since you loved them. I would probably to :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY !!! Great review Naj .. I'm glad you loved it .. It's my favorite of the series too ..
    Looking forward to read The Gathering !!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.