Friday, February 25, 2011

Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1) by Jeaniene Frost

Title: Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1)
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Started: 23/2/11
Finished: 25/2/11
Goodreads | Review List

Goodreads Synopsis: 

Flirting with the grave...
Half-vampire Catherine Crawfield is going after the undead with a vengeance, hoping that one of these deadbeats is her father--the one responsible for ruining her mother's life. Then she's captured by Bones, a vampire bounty hunter, and is forced into an unholy partnership.

In exchange for finding her father, Cat agrees to train with the sexy night stalker until her battle reflexes are as sharp as his fangs. She's amazed she doesn't end up as his dinner--are there actually good vampires? Pretty soon Bones will have her convinced that being half-dead doesn't have to be all bad. But before she can enjoy her new found status as kick-ass demon hunter, Cat and Bones are pursued by a group of killers. Now Cat will have to choose a side . . . and Bones is turning out to be as tempting as any man with a heartbeat.


Review:

I can't believe I haven't read this until now! But I am so glad I turned down buying The Awakening and Bloody Valentine just to start this series off. This book literally had me laughing and on my toes!

So much action, humor and a hell lot of sexual tension and love! All positive reviews I've read led me to the right path and book to read during these bad times. I couldn't stop reading! I would have finished this yesterday but there were too many distractions, like the internet for example and uni. haha. I loved it! Jeaniene Frost's writing is somewhat similar to J.R.Wards writing which made me love it more. 

I've heard so much of Cat and Bone's love and how Bones was so hot and yummy! But no one mentioned he had an accent. That made me frail all over the place much more than I thought.

I know, this review is all over the place! I'm writing this while watching the new episode of Vampire Diaries! WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING WITH THAT! O.O (Unrelated I know)

Even though the ending made me cry and I can't believe Cat just did that. This is my fav adult Urban Fantasy book! I loved it! If you're 18 and over and haven't picked it up yet, I recommend you do! You will not be disappointed! 5 stars! 5 stars!!! Jeaniene Frost is a freaking genius! I'm going to go past a whole roundabout full of angry protesters just to go to the mall to buy the next book. :D

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you loved it !! I've only read the first two books in French but your review makes me want to re read them anf to buy the other books in the series !! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to read more urban fantasy! I don't read any...truly haha Fabulous review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's about time you've discovered the Night Huntress Series XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished this book a few days ago and I loved it just as much as you did! I can't believe it has taken me this long to read this series. SPOILERS ON FIRST BOOK***The only thing I had problems with was how easily Bones was in love with Cat. How he said he loved her from when she first was in the cave and challenging him, to me love doesn't happen that fast. But I still have a crush on Bones lol****

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.