Friday, February 18, 2011

Review: Catching Fire (Hunger Games #2) by Suzanne Collins


Title: Catching Fire (The Hunger Games #2)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Started: 16/2/11
Finished: 18/2/11

Goodreads Synopsis:

- No synopsis since it contains spoilers -

Review:

I would have finished this yesterday instead of today but I couldn't concentrate because of all the pain the government was inflicting onto us (the people of Bahrain) and the footage of all the people in the hospitals. Gah.

Anyways, I actually dreaded reading the beginning because instead of taking me off into a whole different place for refuge it took me somewhere similar and worse than where I am now. I know I'm being very dark and depressing right now but its how I felt in the beginning of the book.

As I went on reading I dreaded it less and started enjoying it. The second installment to The Hunger Games created a whole new plot twist. It had a lot more going on than the first book I should say. The writing really makes it movie worthy. Its such an epic book. It'll blow you away with its events. Even though I was passive when they happened. The book is amazing and unputdownable. I just read it at the wrong time. haha. 5 stars! If you've read it before! Let me know what you think. :D



Note: About my previous post about me being Hiatus and all. It'll only happen probably when our situation gets worse here in Bahrain. But so far, the internet has not been cut. Good thing too! :D If you don't know what I'm talking about refer to my previous post here.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I REALLY want to read this series. I'm not really lsure why I have never picked these books up... I have the first one though.
    Awesome review!
    Hope everything is going okay in Bahrain(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'm the only person who has no desire at all to read this series.

    Once again, take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would really like to read this entire series. Everyone speaks so highly of it!!! I picked up Hunger Games from the library so maybe I'll start reading it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! 5 out of 5 for Catching Fire also! I wonder if you'll end up giving the entire Hunger Games series 5 ratings, because all the books definitely deserve it. :)

    I'm so glad you enjoyed this, even though you didn't read it at the best of times. I can't wait for your review of Mockingjay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you're enjoying this series! Sorry that it's perhaps not the best time for you to be reading this right now; hope you and your family are doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, are you ready to dig into Mockingjay yet? Lol. My friend was frustrated with me as I told her about this series before the third book was out, I didn't know she would run out and by it the next day! But this is a great read. Sorry it relates so closely to whats happening. :( Hope all works out soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.