Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Review: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins


Title: Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3)
Author: Suzanne Collins
Started: 19/2/11
Finished: 22/2/11

Review: 

Well, that was one hell of a ride. I didn't really know what to expect when I started reading this series.

I first heard about The Hunger Games from my cousin (Who I mention a lot of in this blog). Its synopsis did not appeal to me and what did was all the positive reviews about it. Bit by bit I kept on reading and seeing it everywhere in the Blogosphere. Eventually, my local bookstore started selling the series and then I bought all three and started reading them!

Now, I've just finished the last book in the series and I would say. It didn't appeal to me like how Vampire Academy would but it was so close. It was a real EPIC story. The whole story was realistic in its own way. I literally imagined myself living in such a place. I wasn't really okay with how it ended. It just all seemed too ack for me, I really didn't like it at all but oh well.

The book was paced and an easy read. I enjoyed how exciting each event became as well as unpredictable. It will blow you away completely. I felt like I experienced a lot after reading this series. Suzanne Collins wrote an unforgettable book full of thrilling action, pain and love. The book was unputdownable and I highly recommend it to all.


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked this series Naj !! What are you going to read next ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely agree! What an epic story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its so hard to compare to Vamp Academy though because they are two different subgenres. But I agree, both took me on a ride too!!

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandi: Yeah, I was talking about the feeling I got while reading the books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you didn't like the ending, but this series was EPIC! Haha, if anyone hasn't jumped on The Hunger Games train yet, I suggest they hurry up and hop aboard! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really should read the last two books. *hangs head in shame* Glad you somewhat liked it. Nothing ever compares to VA. :)

    Sorry I haven't commented much on here. I usually am better at it then I have been.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this series is most definitely unforgetable. So glad you enjoyed it the whole way through. :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.