Saturday, February 5, 2011

On my wishlist #8

On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday. It's where I list all the books I desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. If you want to know more click HERE.
Goodreads Synopsis:
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.

Goodreads Synopsis:
Ethan Wate used to think of Gatlin, the small Southern town he had always called home, as a place where nothing ever changed. Then he met mysterious newcomer Lena Duchannes, who revealed a secret world that had been hidden in plain sight all along. A Gatlin that harbored ancient secrets beneath its moss-covered oaks and cracked sidewalks. A Gatlin where a curse has marked Lena's family of powerful Supernaturals for generations. A Gatlin where impossible, magical, life-altering events happen.
Sometimes life-ending.
Together they can face anything Gatlin throws at them, but after suffering a tragic loss, Lena starts to pull away, keeping secrets that test their relationship. And now that Ethan's eyes have been opened to the darker side of Gatlin, there's no going back. Haunted by strange visions only he can see, Ethan is pulled deeper into his town's tangled history and finds himself caught up in the dangerous network of underground passageways endlessly crisscrossing the South, where nothing is as it seems.

Comments:  I've seen this around so many times. Its EVERYWHERE! and yet its been on my TBR since the beginning of this blog and I'm surprised I haven't gotten it yet. O.O I do hope I get this soon though. :D

Whats on your wishlist this Saturday? :D

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I recently won Beautiful Creatures and am waiting for it to arrive :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I read Beautiful Creatures and I loved it! I still have to get Beautiful Darkness though, I hope I'll do it soon. On my wishlist would be Wither by Lauren DeStefano. I'm dying to put my hands on that book!
    Have a fab weekend!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read either book but heard good things - hope you manage to get them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen these two around too, and wondered about them. They're the phantom books! ;) I hope you get them soon, they sound interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this one last year and liked it ! But I haven't read the second book in the series yet .. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chrizette, Lucky!
    Deea, I'm jealous! I can't wait to get it. :D I heard Wither is great!
    Mel, Thank you!
    Barbara, Yep! The Phantom Books. Something new for once. :D
    Elodie, Awwh! You've read a lot! :D Thanks for the comment my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read Beautiful Creatures, but I've yet to get to Beautiful Darkness, so I'm definitely looking forward to reading BD sometime soon...hopefully! Great picks, Naj! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great picks this week! I'm definitely looking forward to reading these as well! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    On My Wishlist

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean. I've wished for these for a long time and have yet to get them too! I know how it happens, tho. :) Hope you get them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have ten new wishes. They are from the start of the year. Come see what I'm wishing for.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that you get the books you have listed on your wishlist and that they are everything you hope them to be. Check out what is On My Wishlist.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I love comments they're what keeps me going with this blog.